10 things I want to do in Marketing before I die. 3. Speak at a TED conference


A mutual goal of Zac and I. TED is a conference with a vision of having 'ideas worth spreading', it lecturers cover a broad range of topics from technology, entertainment and design. The presentations are available online. I always watch these presentations and leave with my jaw on the ground. I cannot wait till I can have that effect on a crowd. Some of my favourite so far have been;

Josh Klein on the Intelligence of Crows
John Lee Hacks a Wii remote for the greater good
Seth Godin What presentations slides looked like in 1995


2 points of interest.

1. What a great property for BMW to sponsor. However the only problem I have see is it is not a inimitable fit with the brand BMW. You could pretty much insert (insert Microsoft, Google, Ford or PWC) and there would still seem like a perfect fit with the brand. Does it matter that the sponsorship property does not have a sole fit with the brand? However I must say it is one of BMW’s smarter choices unlike the recent collaboration between BMW with Presets (David sums it up nicely).

2. With the rise in Presentations going online, what can presenters do to validate a audience member spending money to hear that person live when they can pick it up on Youtube the next day?


10 things I want to do in Marketing before I die

1. Work for Nike
2. Win a Gold Cannes

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed
reading it, you could be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back someday.

I want to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!


Feel free to surf to my page: 808.car.keys.micro.camera.driver.rar