At the moment, I feel there is a big elephant in Social Media/ Digital Strategist room. That is Facebook, it was the reason that social media became mainstream, the general public started creating content.
However you very rarely hear anyone talking about successful executions within Facebook.
The reason being is because it is a walled garden, it is a private space where third parties (startegist) cannot peer in and watch social media at work.
I thought I would make a list of good examples of Facebook branded executions;
1. 7-11 Free Slurpee Day (set up an event for the day) (Con)
2. Ksubi Sale (high end jeans, promote really well through Facebook)
3. Burger King friends sacrifice (sacrifice 10 Facebook friends for a free burger, got pulled from Facebook though) (Gordon)
4. Burn Alter Ego (Go out without having to go out, US Energy Drink) (Deb)
5. Dell 'Social Media for your business' FanPage (This is actually a really good resource for SME to use Social Media) (Ben)
6. Samboys is back (Biggest Facebook group wins; Hijacked by Bushfire) (Peter)
7. Parking Wars (Part of the promotion for an upcoming show for an A&E) (Christy Dena)
If you have any other please tell me and I will add to the list.